I’m fascinated with architecture, interesting perspectives, transport and travel. Concentrating on the energy, tension and atmosphere that is created by these detailed settings.
With the linocuts of Cyril Power and Edward Bawden in mind, I aim to capture the speed and colour of modern day life. What Baudelaire called ‘…the transient, the fleeting, the contingent.’ These woodcuts focus on the banality of everyday life; I like to explore the human addiction to the rat race and the daily commute. Looking closely at where urban energies seem to exercise there greatest influence on people and acknowledging the accelerated pace of modern life.
By recording the everyday, my work can appeal to all. I became aware of my journeys by how we negotiate these times by de-personalising others around us, to make our journey seem as though it doesn’t exist.
- MA Fine Art Printmaking Camberwell College of Arts
- BA (Hons) Fine Art Printmaking, Brighton University of Art and Design
- Foundation Diploma Art and Design, Brighton College of Art and Technology
Group and solo shows:
- 2015 Artist Open House, Brighton
- 2014 Artist Open Studios, Wales
- 2014 Artist Open House, Brighton
- 2013 St. Annes Galleries, AAF Battersea, AAF Hampsted
- 2012 St. Annes Galleries, Lewes, Summer Exhibition
- 2012 The Waterline, Haggerston, London
- 2011-2012 Solo show, Ketchum, Spittlefields, London
- 2011 Pelham House Gallery, Lewes
- 2011 Loop 11, The Bankside Gallery, London
- 2010 Loop 10, The Vyner Street Gallery, London
- 2009 Loop 09, The Redchurch Street Gallery, London
- 2008 Lewes Artwave, The Gallery, Pastorale Arts, Lewes
- 2007 Affordable Art Fair, Four Square Fine Arts, London
- 2007 Salon Christmas 2007 show, Graduate Group Exhibition, Salon Gallery,London
- 2007 Postgraduate Printmaking in London, Clifford Chance Gallery, London
- 2007 Momentum, The Menier Gallery, The Old Chocolate Factory, London
- 2007 Lewes Artwave, The Gallery, Pastorale Antiques, Lewes
- 2007 Postgraduate degree show, Camberwell college of Arts
- 2006 Chiddingly Festival, Artist Studio, Barfield House, East Sussex
- 2006 Summer Show, 54 The Gallery, Shepherds Market, London
- 2007 Birgit Skjold Award, Printmaking Postgraduate show, outstanding work in this field.